Pedestrian Accidents Attorney Hollywood FL
Does insurance cover a pedestrian-involved accident?
After being involved in a pedestrian accident, either as a pedestrian or as the driver, you may face injuries so severe that you require medical attention. Trips to the hospital may be necessary, but they are by no means cheap. In most cases, medical insurance and/or car insurance will cover some expenses. However, more often than not, insurance companies may attempt to give their customers the short end of the stick, and not covering nearly as much as a victim may need. Florida is a no-fault state which may cause even more trouble when it comes to getting the compensation you deserve after a pedestrian accident. In addition to minimal coverage due to Florida’s no-fault state, insurance companies exclude compensation for the invisible pain and suffering that may come after a traumatic experience such as an accident.
What are the main causes of pedestrian accidents? – Pedestrian Accidents Attorney Hollywood FL
Pedestrian accidents are far too common and account for the highest rate of injuries of all vulnerable road users. In 2017, there were 9,420 pedestrian crashes, a 3.49% increase from 2015. Scher annd Scher Law Group, P.A. Pedestrian Accidents Attorney Hollywood FL is ready to serve your case.
Some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Whether a driver is eating, drinking, texting, etc. once distracted, pedestrians become an easy target and become more likely to get hit since they have the right-of-way.
- Intoxicated driving: With a driver experiencing impaired judgment due to the consumption of drugs or alcohol, they may not be able to gauge when they should stop for a pedestrian to cross. They may even begin driving on the sidewalk and injured pedestrians this way. The possibilities are endless when it comes to intoxicated driving.
- Speeding: When a car is speeding, it is considered a sign of reckless driving, and the likelihood of slowing down in time for a pedestrian is extremely slim and the results are often fatal.
- Failing to stop or yield: Drivers who fail to stop at a stop sign or yield when they are supposed to, a pedestrian with the right-of-way may get hit and the results are devastating.
- Weather conditions: With rain, hail, snow, or fog, drivers may be unable to see any passing pedestrians or may not be able to stop in time due to slippery roads.
- Left-hand turns: Some drivers may only check for other cars when attempting to turn left at a solid green light. Without thinking of a possible pedestrian, the results of this accident can be tragic.
- Backing-up: Unfortunately, when people are too small, young, or short, it can be difficult to see if there is anyone behind the car which can result in a terrible accident. This form of a pedestrian accident is also likely to occur in parking lots, especially those with a lot of traffic.
Pedestrian Accidents Attorney Hollywood FL – What are the most common pedestrian injuries?
Depending on the size of the pedestrian hit, injuries may vary. If you are involved in a pedestrian accident, do not hesitate to call Scher annd Scher Law Group, P.A. Pedestrian Accidents Attorney Hollywood FL for legal assistance. In adults, injuries are most likely to be focused in the leg and lower body region, while children may experience injuries to their head or torso area. A study was reported in order to demonstrate the typical injury patterns, noting that there are three specific impacts. “The first is between the lower leg and the bumper. This is immediately followed by contact between the thigh area and the upper edge of the hood. These impacts cause rotation of the upper body, resulting in another impact between the head/shoulders and the hood/windshield region.”
With a record high number of vulnerable road user injuries, Miami-Dade County accounts for 1,546 pedestrian crashes, 58 pedestrian fatalities, and 1,357 pedestrian injuries. Broward comes in at a close second with 1,096 pedestrian crashes, 63 pedestrian fatalities, and 959 pedestrian injuries.
Compensations after a pedestrian accident
After a pedestrian accident, you are able to sue for the following:
- Lost wages
- -Pain and suffering
- -Medical expenses
- -Damaged property
- -Scarring and disfigurement
- A pedestrian is only able to receive a settlement for pain and suffering if the driver of the car was at fault. If the driver was drunk, rather than sober and acting recklessly, the pedestrian can sue for punitive damages, which is worth much more in the payout.
Pedestrian Accidents Attorney Hollywood FL
If you are under-insured or uninsured and have gotten into an accident either as a pedestrian or as a driver, you are entitled to compensation. However, insurance companies do not always negotiate the amount of compensation they will give, even if your injuries require much more coverage than they are willing to offer. This is when Scher and Scher come in. The lawyers at Scher and Scher Law Group, P.A. – Pedestrian Accidents Attorney Hollywood FL – are competent in understanding and executing a case that will help bring you the maximum compensation that you rightly deserve. Call us today for a free consultation.
“The Scher Thing” – Scher annd Scher Law Group, P.A. Pedestrian Accidents Attorney Hollywood FL
- You pay nothing until we settle your case!
- We assist with vehicle repair free of charge
- Accident happened today? Speak to an attorney today.
- Free consultation
- Phone availability 24/7